In Web of Science you can register yourself as a user. This can be useful, because you can
- personalize Web of Science – for example by customizing the homepage, selecting the database that will display when you sign in, the number of rows displayed in the search and the default sorting order;
- save searches;
- set up alerts: by e-mail you receive new search results that fit your search or you are notified by e-mail whenever a selected article has been cited by a new article;
- access Web of Science from home without an EduVPN-connection or access via EZproxy;
- use of EndNote Web – an online reference manager. Researchers and students of the EUR have free access to RefWorks, another online reference manager, but you can use EndNote Web within Web of Science as well;
- get recommendations based on your search history;
- customize the homepage;
- when you have publications in Web of Science: claim your author record and create a Web of Science Researcher Profile.
To register click the link Sign In at the top of the page in Web of Science and choose Sign In. Click Register when you haven't registered yet. After entering your e-mailaddress (twice) you have to create your password. With your e-mailaddress and password you can now login under Sign In.